Cisco Certified Network Professional who will be responsible for the day-to-day- activities, change controls and maintenance on all networking equipment that includes patching, replacing and troubleshooting. Serve as escalation and mentor to the NOC.
- Creates engineering design to meet the business and operational objectives for business continuity solutions.
- Defines standard engineering designs, templates, processes, and procedures for implementing projects that follow existing architectures for large complex projects.
- Defines new engineering designs, templates, processes and procedures for implementing projects that require new architecture patterns
- Proactively utilizes knowledge of the business unit and objectives to maximize the efficiency of the design
Assessment and Strategy
- Provides subject matter expertise to maintain the appropriate lifecycle for the technologies in scope, including technology risk, refresh, migration and retirement
- Analyzes system performance, modifying parameters to improve throughput and retirement
- Monitors resource usage, making required adjustments
- Responsible for accurately estimating and planning activities within the domain to provide the necessary input into the project managers for developing an end to end plan.
- Establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with internal and external strategic partners as well as critical IT infrastructure service providers. With administrative direction, leads the evaluation and selection tools
- Evaluates tools and makes cost-conscience tool recommendations
- Identifies key areas for improvement to align to strategic objectives
- Analyzes industry best practices and previous project executions
- Make recommendations in regards to architecture and infrastructure planning to leadership to refine and enhance current methodology
- Resolves issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems.
- Plans, configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and tunes network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, virtual private networks and network security devices.
- Leads resolution of issues related to the coordination, control, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and wireless
- Participate in and/or lead projects of medium to high complexity
- Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise
- Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages
- Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams
- Conducts updates of management information systems, including asset management, time tracking and other systems
- Available to be on call 24/7 on a team rotating schedule once assimilated into the team
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted.
- 3 + years of experience of design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large, complex IP-based networks.
- 3+ years of experience in Network Capacity Planning, Performance. Monitoring / Management and Network Design Architecture
- 3+ years of experience in routing protocols like (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VRRP, IP, HSRP, MPLS, BGP for dual ISP, etc. protocols) and set up load balancing using BGP for dual ISP
- 3+ years of experience with layer-2, layer-3, and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, NFSv4.x, SMB
- Cisco CCNP / CCIE certifications desired
- Experience designing, configuring, and deploying network switches/routers. Including expertise in QoS/CoS, traffic shaping and bandwidth throttling
- Advanced knowledge for the implementation and support of Quality-of-Service (QoS), and MPLS-based networks is required. Voice-over-IP (VoIP) a plus.
- Strong understanding of Cisco routers and switches in a corporate infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network security practices and tools. Network Security (firewall policies, rules, best practices, VPN, IPSEC, GETVPN)
- Experience with Cisco AMP - Advanced Malware Protection
- Experience with Cisco Umbrella (On-premise and Cloud Solutions)
- Experience with DUO MFA
Location: Trevose, PA