The Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) supports sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. To provide pre-sales technical support to clients by identifying the customer’s requirements and designing a commercially viable solution from within the company’s product portfolio. The PSE collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers. The PSE is responsible for achieving a profit and productivity quota made up of the combined expectations of the sales resources, market, and/or channel supported. Reporting to the Sales Engineering Director, the PSE reports on a dotted line to the sales manager or business line manager responsible for the sales team supported.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum six years of sales or sales engineering experience in a business-to-business, large/strategic customer segment; or
- Knowledge of Cloud Services
- Knowledge of Managed Services
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Product certification, engineering credential, or equivalent technical credential.
- PC proficiency
- Proven track record in a pre-sales environment within an IT / software solutions business - Technically skilled with a customer focused mind and excellent communication skills - Experience in developing and delivering effective presentations
- Ability to work independently and to be proactive
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to travel within a wide geographical area for client meetings
Locations: Trevose, PA Salt Lake City, UT and Salem, NH