Systems Support Engineer - Tier 2
Contour Data Solutions is the premier provider for Strategic IT Solutions and Data Management. The Core focus of Contour's business strategy is the customer and as a Systems Support Engineer you will primarily be responsible for the service and coordination of customer support. Carrying our methodologies through to conclusion and ensuring Customer satisfaction with the product, implementation, processes and the documentation left behind. This position will need to be self-driven and effectively self managed. The Systems Support Engineer will be responsible for post-sales support for all Contour customers. This will require you to explain in detail both the feature functionality of the products as well as the Contour implementation and service methodology. The Systems Support Engineer will coordinate trouble tickets from open to close even if tickets are escalated to higher tiers or external partners. This will include interaction with the Contour Sales staff to understand the expectations set, and review afterward. The Engineer will complete all necessary documentation and notification messages. For every customer and every project, the Systems Support Engineer will ensure that things are resolved and identify and additional opportunities for Contour.
Manage internal Contour environment
- Monitor alerts for customer sites and circuit status, open tickets with carriers for outages and communicate with team and clients on outage(s) and provide regular updates until resolved.
- Work as a team on resolving issues at client sites and escalate issues in timely fashion and to appropriate technician.
- Ensure that data is available to all applications and applications functionality is working as required.
- Monitor of ticket queues to ensure effective flow of requests and tickets are being responded to in a timely fashion and updated accordingly.
- Maintain effective communication with the team and proper shift transition, discussing current projects and any issues non-project related that are being worked on
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or another similar technical discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5 years of experience in a systems administrator role working with Microsoft Windows desktop and server platforms, Linux knowledge would be helpful as well
- Proven abilities to promptly and effectively diagnose and remedy OS-related problems and failures
- Demonstrated abilities to perform periodic software and hardware systems updates, up-grades, backups/restoration and security patches
- Working knowledge of clustering (Windows, Database)
- High-level organizational communication skills
- Excellent team player with high-level problem solving skills
- VMWare Certification(s) or equivalent experience
- Experience with Various Backup software (Vertais, EVault, Veeam, ect.)
- Present themselves in a clean and professional manner with customers and partners
- Document technical information cleanly and clearly
- Work with internal teams to determine and verify requirements
- Review tools regularly to identify products that would benefit our customers
- Respond to and manage incoming requests via phone and email
- Ensure Customer satisfaction on all requests
- Meet or exceed defined service level guarantees
- Manage issues with the external vendors
- Demonstrate good work ethic and self-motivated
- Accompanying sales staff on customer calls if requested
- Creation of and validation of configurations for sales staff as needed
Train and become proficient on the following:
- Provisioning storage, managing allocation of storage, and identifying excessive or wasteful use of storage space for clients (i.e. EMC, Nimble, ect.)
- Check client backup jobs and perform reporting on which will be presented to clients in formal manner
- Restore and recover data as requested including the management of snaps and replication
- VMWare ESX and Horizon View client administration, reporting and maintenance
- Understanding backups, recovery, archive, and disaster recovery (DR) schemes, schedules and test plans for various clients
- Documents proper processes and procedures that best align with the business and its clients