Contour Cloud Security
Cloud security at Contour Cloud is the highest priority. As an Contour Cloud customer, you will benefit from a data center and network architecture built to meet the requirements of the most security-sensitive organizations.
An advantage of the Contour cloud is that it allows customers to scale and innovate, while maintaining a secure environment. Customers pay only for the services they use, meaning that you can have the security you need, but without the upfront expenses, and at a lower cost than in an on-premises environment.
- Keep Your Data Safe
- Meet Compliance Requirements
- Save Money
- Scale Quickly
Contour provides several security capabilities and services to increase privacy and control network access. These include:
- Network firewalls built into VMware NSX, and web application firewall capabilities in our Firewall let you create private networks, and control access to your instances and applications
- Encryption in transit with TLS across all services
- Connectivity options that enable private, or dedicated, connections from your office or on-premises environment
Availability is of paramount importance in the cloud. Contour Cloud customers benefit from Contour Cloud services and technologies built from the ground up to provide resilience in the face of DDoS attacks.
Contour offers you the ability to add an additional layer of security to your data at rest in the cloud, providing scalable and efficient encryption features. This includes:
- Data encryption capabilities available across the entire stack
- Encrypted message queues for the transmission of sensitive data using RDP.
Monitoring and Logging
Contour Cloud provides tools and features that enable you to see exactly what’s happening in your Cloud environment. This includes:
- Deep visibility into API calls through Cinch including who, what, who, and from where calls were made
- Log aggregation options, streamlining investigations and compliance reporting
- Alert notifications through Contour SOC when specific events occur or thresholds are exceeded
These tools and features give you the visibility you need to spot issues before they impact the business and allow you to improve security posture, and reduce the risk profile, of your environment.
Identity Access and Controls
Contour Cloud offers you capabilities to define, enforce, and manage user access policies across Contour services. This includes:
- Contour Identity and Access Management lets
- Contour Cloud Multi-Factor Authentication for privileged accounts, including options for hardware-based authenticators
- Contour Cloud provides native identity and access management integration across many of its services plus API integration with any of your own applications or services.
- Permission is required for all penetration tests.
- To request permission, you must be logged into the Cinch portal using the root credentials associated with the instances you wish to test, otherwise the form will not pre-populate correctly. If you have hired a third party to conduct your testing, we suggest that you complete the form and then notify your third party when we grant approval.
- Our policy only permits testing of Contour Cloud instances that you own. Tests against any other services or Contour Cloud owned resources are prohibited
- At this time, our policy does not permit testing small instance types. This is to prevent potential adverse performance impacts on resources that may be shared with other customers.